2014: Year in Review!
Energy Storage Ontario is proud to have supported many of the remarkable 2014 advances in the industry. To name a few:
- Notable recognition of energy storage in Minister of Energy's speech's at key industry events Ontario's LTEP and call for energy storage procurement, and the need to eliminate regulatory barriers for energy storage,
- Successful procurement of 35 MW of energy storage through the IESO,
- RFQ for 15MW in process with the OPA,
- Premier of Ontario's mandate letter to the Minister of Energy naming energy storage as an area of priority,
- Active involvement in the Ontario Energy Board's smart grid advisory council which looked at rules and regulatory issues for energy storage in Ontario, and
- Inclusion of energy storage in the Large Renewable Procurement in Ontario.