As many of you probably know Mindfirst, a U of T affiliate, runs a series of seminars at the Bennett Jones offices - on timely topics of interest to the electricity sector here in Ontario. This month they have elected to highlight our sector - with a keynote speaker we all know and who has contributed to our growing profile and influence in a major way.
Date: February 19, 2015, 11:45 AM - 1:30 PM, Toronto, Ontario
The Future of Energy Storage in Ontario
Register at: https://mindfirstenergyseminar-2015-02-19.eventbrite.ca
Introduction by: Robert Stasko, Executive Director, Energy Storage Ontario
- Annette Verschuren, Chair and CEO, NRStor
- Shawn Cronkwright, Director of Renewables Procurement, IESO
Energy storage is a key component in the large-scale deployment of renewable energy sources like wind and solar. In 2014, the Province of Ontario committed to the integration of 50MW of energy storage to help with the integration of Ontario's renewable energy resources and to encourage the development of new storage technologies in Ontario. This seminar aims to provide insights and answer important questions on the landscape of energy storage technologies in Canada including:
- What are the breakthrough storage technologies emerging right now?
- Opportunities to deploy energy storage across the Ontario electricity grid
- What are the criteria for successful investment in energy storage technologies?
- IESO's energy storage RFP, its goals, requirements, and targets for success
- Regulatory challenges to the deployment of energy storage and how they can be overcome
- How can technology developers provide value to customers of energy storage technologies?