Event Notice: LDCs and the Potential Benefits of Energy Storage – Dec. 3
Whitby Hydro, in cooperation with Energy Storage Ontario (ESO) has organized an Energy Storage Workshop event on Wednesday December 3rd from 10:00 AM to Noon hosted by Whitby Hydro.
The event will be a Workshop for Ontario LDC’s to explore the potential benefits of Storage for Electricity Distribution systems, and to discuss what barriers need to be addressed in order to fully exploit the opportunities.
At the event we are planning to present a case study comparing the merits of Storage versus System Expansion or on-site Natural Gas fired Power Generation
In addition we will facilitate an open forum discussion, kicked-off by an expert panel on Storage Implementation from differing perspectives including:
· Gary Thompson, Toronto Hydro (an LDC with experience operating a storage facility)
· Jeremy Pertman, Convergent Energy Canada (storage industry developer)
· Brian Hewson, Ontario Energy Board (working towards regulatory reform re: storage)
· Prof. Bala Venkatesh, Ryerson University (developing new storage technologies)
· Kevin Whitehead, Whitby Hydro (an LDC active in implementing storage)
A more detailed agenda will be sent to you closer to the Dec. 3 date.
In the meantime please RSVP and register at our website such that we can access the number of attendees and plan accordingly – the location is also on the link (below).
NOTE: this event is free – but we ask that you consider giving a modest donation to our local charity Grandview Children’s Centre via cheque or cash as you register at the door.
Please respond to Brian Vipond at Whitby Hydro with any of your questions, or simply to confirm your interest in attending our event. BVipond@whitbyhydro.on.ca