September 19, 2018
Pre-conference events require registration for the full conference and there is a nominal additional charge for both the tour and the workshop. These events run concurrently so attendees can attend only one pre-conference event.
1:00p.m. – 5:00p.m. – Energy Storage Tour: $75 registration
Three Unique Energy Storage Sites - Three Innovative Canadian Companies - One Exciting Tour!
We’ve made it easy this year! No need to choose because we’ve consolidated our visits to three great energy storage projects into one amazing tour. Join us for this exciting opportunity to see operational storage systems in action in the Greater Toronto Area.
This year, we have three innovative and exciting Canadian companies showcasing projects at the Energy Storage in Canada 2018 Conference. Space is limited, so register as soon as possible to guarantee your spot!
Our 2018 tour comprises:
- Peak Power: Customer-Sited batteries and software demo – 2 stops in Toronto
- Enbridge Gas Distribution/Hydrogenics: Markham Power-to-Gas Facility – Markham, ON
All tours include transportation to and from our conference venue at the Toronto Reference Library 789 Yonge Street, Toronto. To register for the tour, you must be a registered conference participant.
- September 19 – 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Board bus at Toronto Reference Library, 789 Yonge St. (north of Bloor) at 1:00 pm
- Return Time to Toronto Reference Library: 5:00 pm
Experience two recent installations of customer-sited battery systems on the Peak Power battery energy storage tour and software demo. This tour will feature visits to two GTA building sites featuring battery systems from Tesla and Lockheed Martin. The software demo will show how Peak Power stacks multiple revenue streams, forecasts Global Adjustment events, and provides insights into building operations through their unique Internet of Things platform.
Enbridge Gas Distribution & Hydrogenics: Markham Energy Storage Facility
This is a real first! North American’s first power-to-gas facility developed by two Canadian companies leveraging innovative Canadian technology. Enbridge Gas Distribution and Hydrogenics recently launched the Markham Energy Storage Facility, which provides regulation services under contract to the IESO.
The Enbridge-Hydrogenics 2.5MW facility – designed and built on a 5MW scalable platform – features Hydrogenics next-generation PEM electrolyzer technology, which has the highest power density and smallest footprint of any such system in the world.
2:00p.m. – 4:30p.m. – Energy Storage Workshop: What you Need to Know Now: $50 registration
Get in on the ground floor with everything you need to know about energy storage today. There is no other part of the energy sector that is changing more rapidly and is more relevant than ever. This three-part workshop will give you the right knowledge, tools and insights into energy storage with practical information you can use now. Learn the basics and beyond with our experts sharing their experience and expertise with you. This unique workshop will focus on three key areas:
- Energy Storage 101: Start with the right knowledge base with the latest in energy storage technologies, value propositions and business cases
- Solar + Storage: Find out how solar + storage can work for you, your business or your customers
- Energy Storage for Commercial and Industrial Customers: Learn how storage can help your business and your customers manage energy costs and ensure reliability